Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Beautiful Moment

Every night, I change the cat's litter. I take my little bag of remnants outside and place them in the garbage bin on my back deck. And that's when it happens. The moment. I close the garbage lid and I look out at the sky, the trees, and my backyard. I take a deep breath and smell the air. I experience peace and calm, with abseloutely no responsiblility or pressure to do anything except enjoy the beauty I find around me. It truly is a beautiful moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is the moment when all the toys are put away and Elijah's sleeping in his crib.

paxye said...

Those are beautiful moments aren't they...
A little more then a year ago I lived in downtown Montreal...
I would step out... take a deep breathe... and then cough and need my inhaler.... lol...

Now those little moments are something that I cherish so much....
Another favorite moment of mine is watching the kids play in the yard and just sitting outside with them sipping a warm tea and hearing them laugh....