Friday, February 16, 2007

Signs that Spring is Almost Imanent

-- the temperature was above zero ferenheight

-- the wind was not trying to cut through to my bones, just to my sinews

-- I saw our squirrel running along the back fence

-- it is pre-dawn when we wake up around 7 and light by 8:30

The prarie dog in Medicine Hat saw its shadow, so there is supposed to be winter until mid-March. Which is pretty normal around here. But I would love it if we had spring by April . . . mid- April? . . . Okay, I will settle for any time before May.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Jilly... just wanted to thank you for the well-wishes you left me on MDC. Yes, the race is actually on Palm Sunday but I don't expect that there will be any greetings with palm fronds at the finish line. I'll let you know how I do! Spring is imminent here, too, of course after some gigantic snowfalls in March and April but we're having our Feb. thaw.

K. said...

I'm so excited that it's *almost* light by 8 these days.

Spring...it will be coming, right? RIGHT??

I still need to email your hubby to get in touch. I'm so slow with email. :/ my blog is krisgirl.blogspot.com, if you want to drop by sometime.