Saturday, August 30, 2008

Speechless.

I seem to be having trouble summing up the last month in a few posts. So much happened both externally and internally during the last month that I'm not sure where to start. The beginning? The end? The middle? I was going to make a start on it last night, but I found myself so exausted by just catching up on house work and chasing the boys that I fell asleep with Aaron. It is really hard for me to get back into the routine of domestic work. I really don't enjoy it, and it takes a lot of discipline and concentration for me to get back into housekeeping mode. Plus I'm just so overwhelmed by the things I would like to do to make out house happier and more livable this winter. I just can't seem to fathom another winter with these empty walls, and cluttered, unorganized rooms. But where to start? How to start? And how to find the time amidst youth group and playgroup and the boys and just life in general? Ug. I don't know. Eventually I'll have an answer. In the mean time, here's a great shot I found of me when I was 16 outside the Canadian War Museum:

And this one is classic teenage Jill. This is the doghouse Lisa and I painted for my mom's new puppy. The little black guy on the left is called a Tibetan Monk. I used to draw them eveywhere. On the side of the doghouse there's one dancing in a pool of blood, and also a frog with bloodshot eyes . . . I don't remember what else we painted on it. I don't think the dog ever used it. My parents waited until I moved away to repaint it, though. Now that's love for you.

No comments: