Monday, May 24, 2010

New Pants!

What do you do when your three year old wakes EVERYONE up super early, including the baby, and her clothes are wet and you only have the energy to grab the nearest tank top to put on her, and discover that it is this ridiculously cute ruffle tank? Make baby pants, of course!

These are just right for Emma right now! I hemmed them a little shorter than the pattern, and they just hit her ankle when she's sitting. This means they will protect most of her leg from the bad spring mosquitos.
She seems pretty happy with them. You can sort of see in this photo, but the repeat on the fabric ended up being just the same size as the pants pattern, so the fabric repeats all the way around the pants. Yay for big Amy Butler prints!


They are also just slippery enough for scootching / crawling (we're just figuring out the former and hopefully she'll be slower than Aaron was) without being too slippery.
And they just fit over a cloth diaper. I was a little sloppy with the elastic casing, its actually supposed to be higher. But I guess if I need another pair to be a bit bigger, I can always add a gusset.

I think there will be a lot more of these in Emma's future. What's not to love about cute, hand made pants in 20 minutes?

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I just figured out what I love on your daughter, she has the most gorgeous eyes, lovely