Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Afternoon Tea Quilt finished!

And photographed in on my lovely new front porch. I had been hoping to finish this quilt in time to give it to baby Clare as I drove through Winnipeg. Unfortunately, as things went crazy in that last week or so, I didn't get the binding done. So now it will have to be tucked in the mail. 
On the back is a gorgeous brown print from Moda's Art Nouveau, and a big swathe of these lovely Tina Givens' birds. I'm kind of regretting the pink binding, since I realized after I sewed all the binding on that I would have had enough fabric to use just the grey, which would have been a little less eye popping.

Free motion quilted in BIG swirls for speed and softness. How much do I love this brown and these tea cups (oh, and all the other fabrics in this baby). I know its going to a good home, so that makes it easier to send it off. I'm sure Clare will drag it around for years to come and have lots of tea parties on it!

No comments: