Saturday, June 11, 2011

I don't usually post a lot of parenting stuff, or a lot of links, but here are two really lovely posts that have encouraged me this week:

This one speaks to my "style" (??) of housekeeping, and comforts me that I'm not alone in sort of loving creative chaos
http://sugarcityjournal.blogspot.com/2011/06/wabi-sabi.html

And this one is heartening to me as I begin to rediscover my identity in this new place and stage of life:
http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2011/06/souleful-mothering-with-tara-thayer.html

I might actually get to sew and blog a little more now. I'm done with the teaching-of-the-students part of teaching, and on to the marking-of-exams, tallying-of-marks and invigilating-exams part. And boy, do I have a lot of exam supervision next week. Sometimes up to 6 hrs a day. So much for getting home earlier. Although I supervised what was supposed to be a 3 1/2 hr exam yesterday afternoon, and all the kids were done after an hour and 45 min., so it might not be as bad as I'm thinking it will be.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: