Thursday, June 30, 2011

Spicing Up the Kitchen Swap -sent!

Well, I finished my swap package! My partner likes red, cross blocks, sherbert pips and she wanted a tea cozy. So I started by pulling some fabric and scraps:
 First I made a tea cozy. I meant it to be a stripy tea cozy, but I measured wrong, so I then had to make it into a coin strip tea cozy. I think its pretty cute none the less:
Cross blocks were the block of the month over at sarah and molly's free piecing study, so I decided to make some cross blocks for my partner. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with these -- it was one of those days when I just needed to sew something without thinking too hard:

In the end I made a fourth block and made a little mat for the tea pot (I'm sure there's a proper word for such a thing, but I don't know what it is. Trivet? Hot pad? I don't know). I think the grey binding is one of my new favorite blender fabrics, and that it really pulls the disparate colours together in this one:

Finally, since we are supposed to have one "big" item (tea cozy and mat in this case) and one "small" item, I decided to make some matching potholders. They are a little wonky in real life, but that simply adds to their charm, right?


Now that the post office is open again I went and sent these off. The postal workers were literally up to their elbows in backlogged mail. This one has to go internationally, so hopefully it won't take too long to wing its way to its final destination.

No comments: