Friday, September 23, 2011

Finally some time . . .

I know I've been working part time, but there's been a lot to catch up on (mostly sleep and tidying). I feel like I've kind of caught up, and got over feeling guilty for not doing something "productive" while the kids are at daycare and finished reading "the Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents" (Terry Pratchett is one of my weaknesses). Also, I finally got paid enough to buy quilt batting (oh yeah, I guess that would be the real reason). And so I came home after my half day of work today, put a border around this quilt, considered making a second border (and then didn't) and basted this baby.

I never like quilts at this stage, and I'm always uncertain if they're going to come together or not. I'm a little nervous about this one, especially since I used my entire Mendoccino stash on it. Oh well, I'm sure I can find someone to give it to if I don't like it once I'm done.

Happy Weekend.

No comments: