Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hi, from Starbucks

Yep, we have no internet at our host's house, and a very small baby and two active two year olds who are best frenemies and a four year old who is absolutely idolizing his Uncle Steve. So times are busy, but its been a nice chance. I haven't got half the things I wanted to get done, done. And believe it or not I haven't visited a single fabric shop this trip (I do have a bunch of fabric waiting for me at the post office, however), so I'm feeling partially virtuous and partially sensorily deprived after two weeks with no fabric to sift through.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi, and share this funny experience. So, I'm at Starbucks. I have an hour and a half to myself before I have to get back so Dave can go out somewhere. I check my email, I check my Flikr, then I go to check my Bloglines. Usually I check it every evening and read the eight or ten new posts I find. Today, almost every blog on there has at least one, if not six or eight, new posts. I love so many of the blogs I read that I couldn't choose just one or two to read. So I just laughed, and decided to say hi to all of you who read MY blog instead. So hi. Missing you all out in the blogosphere. I have lots of great photos to share soon. And hopefully, if I can get there before they sell out, a really fantastic pair of shoes. Off to see if they still have the most fantastic suede Mary Janes in my size. TTFN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by at my blog and leaving a comment! I was always afraid that it's just not enough to make some small stitches and that it would unravel if I wash the quilt in the machine, but next time I definitely give it a try!

Sometimes I find it quite peaceful to sit at Starbucks will my MacBook, even if there a a lot of people around. Only problem is that the Telekom charges 8 Euros for an hour surfing at Starbucks, so I rather spend the money on another carrot cake :)