Saturday, April 04, 2009

I Spy Quilt Progress


So, I think this is going to be a quilt that only a 4 - 6 yr old boy could love. Although it has a lot of fantastic novelty prints in it, and is mainly blue and red and cream and brown, it is a busy, busy quilt. You see, the thing is that just as I had decided to do all big blocks, Andrew walked up to me with a handful of polka dots and said, "I want THESE in my quilt, mommy." As I am never one to back down from a challenge, and as I adore polka dots, I included them. Lots of them. In fact, I thought it might be a good idea to just do giant nine patches of novelty prints and polka dots to try to unify the quilt. Which it may yet do. Or it may just look crazy. We shall see once all the giant nine patches are sewn together and I can lay them out.

Still, it is amazing how quickly biggish squares come together after you've been stitching triangles and mini quilts for a long time. Now if only Aaron would stop climbing on top of the fridge or flooding the bathroom or disassembling my sewing machine, perhaps I could finish this quilt.

No comments: