Wednesday, April 15, 2009
I seem to have come to an impasse with my I Spy quilt. I put the top together, and it is okay. Its really busy, and kind of oddly balanced. Then I put the back together, using the 6 fabrics Andrew insisted I used, instead of one or two nice calm ones I had chosen. Then I started quilting it diagonally through the 9-patch units. But they're 15 inch blocks, so I've now realized that the quilting is going to be too far apart for the batting. So now I have to either pull all the quilting I've done out, or find some oddball way of quilting between the giant diamonds I'm going to have without making a mess. Arg, arg, arg.
This is what happens when I decide to do something "easy" and rush through it. And of course, it is on the quilt for MY son that I am going to have to see every day for years. I wish I would have taken a bit more time to think this one through. And that I wouldn't have promised him I wouldn't do any other sewing until I finished his quilt. Maybe I can sneak in my April mini for my mini quilt swap without him noticing, and let it sit for a week.