Monday, July 20, 2009

To My DQS7 Partner

I know this is a little early, but I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow and may not be online for a few days, so I thought I would leave you a little note right now.

Thank you so much for making me a little quilt. I am so excited to receive whatever you make. To give you some ideas of what I like, I've made a mosaic of some of my favorite favorites.

You can look through my Flikr faves too. Some of them are inspiration ideas for the future, but many are quilts I really like. As you can see, I love all kinds of pieced and appliqued and everything in between quilts. I love simplicity with lots of white and pops of colours, and I also love super bright and busy quilts. If I were to give you a word to work from, it would be "cheerful".

You can also look through the swap quilts I've given and received in the 6 - 12" mini quilt swap over at Flikr -- I have loved all of those. And the doll quilts and coasters I've made. They've also made me happy.

Basically, I live in Saskatchewan, where it is winter for 6 months of the year, and I'm in a house that has beige carpets and beige walls, which I didn't choose and can't really change (although I do occasionally paint a wall anyway). So anything that brightens and cheers our little world is good with me. Above all, have fun. I'm sure if you enjoy making the quilt, I will enjoy receiving it. Thanks!

No comments: