Well, after much planning and careful stitching and stitch ripping and re-working and adding and subtracting . . . I finally finished and mailed my Doll Quilt! I am so proud of this one.
I was really happy with the colours, although I think I would make the sky less busy next time. The quilting, especially of the tree and the grass, worked just how I wanted it to:
Here's the back, where you can really see the quilting details:
When I was all done everything, I thought it needed one final touch. I thought I had some ladybug buttons in the basement, but I was wrong. So I made my own:
I hope my partner likes it. If she doesn't, she can mail it back to me. I'll happily keep it and make her something else. As it is, I think it fits into "whimsical, flowery and bright" pretty well. And I think I shall have to make myself one later.