Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Stash Busting Blocks

So, I wanted to catch up on all my Quilting Bee Stuff, so I could get it off my mind before I started any other sewing projects. On the Threads Together Quilting Bee, Sept was my month to send out fabric. The blocks I have received and seen online so far are fantastic! I plan to make them into a snuggle quilt for Aaron around the time the baby comes, so he will have his own "new" thing when all the baby presents roll in.

For some reason, even though I made two of these blocks in August when I was supposed to send them, I had this idea in my head that I was going to make a third, bigger block. I didn't make the block, and I didn't send these either for the longest time. So finally I made a third small one and it is ready to send out to 2nd Ave Studio tomorrow:


Terrie wanted to make a quilt with Halloween houses, so she sent out some Halloween novelty fabric and asked us to add to it and make her a wonky house. This was really fun to make.


Finally, Brenda sent out her fabric for October early, and requested a 9-patch block in fall colours. I decided to finish her block while I was in the mode, and since she send batiks, I thought I would use up some of my small, autumny batik stash to finish her block.

1 comment:

2ndAvenueStudio-Rachel said...

the blocks look great! can't wait to see what you send out..
Snow already? lucky you!