Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Quilt Bee Update

You want to see my last few quilt bee blocks? Of course you do!

My first Quilt Bee -- Threads Together -- is over now. It took a while for all the blocks to come in, and some are tragically lost in the mail, I'm afraid, so I'm just going to have to work with what I have when I get over the loss. I really loved that fabric and had been hoarding it for a long time, so I was a bit miffed. But I did receive 12 wonderful blocks which I will show you when I pull them all out again.

My second Quilt Bee -- International Stash Busters -- has been buzzing along wonderfully well. November was my month, and I beleive I showed you the fantastic blocks I received already here .

We took December off.

January we made warm wonky log cabins for Mimi Park. I really loved this colour combination so much that I may have to make some for me:


February we made I-spy blocks for Marlyn's new grandsons. Since I had all my I-spy stash out for Aaron's quilt already, I made two:



March was a big block for Quilting Barbie. We made these scrappy blocks. I really like this block, and may have to play around with this and my polka dot stash some day.


April is postage stamp blocks. We're supposed to do a 12" block with 1" finished squares, but I have received a new mom dispensation, and I am only going to do two smaller, 6" blocks, and another Bee member is going to spell me off by doing the other half of my block, sewing two extra 6" blocks. Thanks again, Mimi Park!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Can't wait to see the Threads Together quilt!! Sad to hear some got lost in the mail. I'm still waiting on a couple people, I just figured they hadn't done them...I'd hate to think the mail had claimed them!

Jilly said...

Well, it may also be that they just didn't do them . . . frustrating either way, isn't it?