Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mini Quilt Swap - Aug -- goodies

This is the quilt I received in the Aug mini quilt swap. Isn't it cute? Its in these wonderfully cheery, bright colours, and is completely hand sewn (that was the Aug. challenge). The backing is red and the perfect white quilting shows up nicely against it. Abi, my swap partner, also sent along two fat quarters of peas and carrots fabric, which made me feel extremely spoiled, and this fantastic post card that is originally made by Hillary . Which just goes to show how the whole Flikr / blogland quilting community really is, since I am actually making a quilt with these fabrics AND Hillary is the Wee Wonderfuls designer who has brought me so much joy with her robot and spaceboy pattern.

Anyway, there I am going on a tangent. Thanks so much, Abi, for the fantastic little quilt. It is happily sitting above my dining room table now and shall soon be pinned to a wall somewhere.

No comments: