Saturday, November 08, 2008

Chocolate coffee icing

I did it! I figured out how to make good, dairy free chocolate icing! Icing without butter is a sad and often slightly chemichally tasting thing, so I am always trying to find ways to make it good. I think I finally found one! This was a moment of brilliant kitchen inprovisation today, I tell you. Unfortunately this means it is a very vague recipe. This drives my husband crazy. I make something perfect and he says, "That was great. You should make that again. . . . Do you remember how you made it?" and I say, "I think so, I just kind of made it out of my head.". Then he sighs, knowing he'd better enjoy it this time around becuase it will never be as good a second or third time.

So, chocolate coffee icing (measurements are approximate):

1/3 c margerine
3 Tbsp coaco
about 2 c icing sugar (I am sad to say I just dumped it in the bowl until it looked right)
1 - 2 Tbsp coffee (until a nice consistency)

Put margerine, coaco and icing sugar in a bowl. Blend with electric beaters until it starts congealing. Add coffee until smooth. Hooray for leftover coffee sitting next to my staples cupboard!

No comments: