Thursday, November 06, 2008

Kitchen Poetry 4: Stealth Broccoli

Andrew, my oldest, is in that "Oh, I hate (fill in the blank healthy food that he just gobbled down yesterday here). I won't eat that." One of his new favorite foods to hate is broccoli. Unfortunately for him it is nutritious, and reasonably priced at this time of year. And I can't abide chicken soup without broccoli. So I have been trying to sneak the broccoli in for the last few weeks when I make soup. Today, I cooked the broccoli, cauliflower and celery seperate, then blended them up with the hand blender.


Mission accomplished: "Oh, I don't want the potatoes, mom. Just the froth". Heh heh heh.

Now if only we could convince Aaron that salad dressing and soup don't mix.

This was our bread today. Really tasty -- one cup of multigrain flour and one cup of white to lighten it a wee bit. I tried to convince Aaron to punch the dough, but he just wanted to eat it.

He also snuck some large chunks out of the side of the loaf while it was cooling. He is such a monkey boy.

No comments: