Friday, July 04, 2008

My June Mini Quilt

You might remember my sneak peek of the mini quilt in progress right here . Well, my swap partner received it a few days ago, so now I can show you all.

This quilt is about 9" big. The worm is made of wool felt and he can pop out of his little hole on a piece of elastic. The flowers are made by sandwiching a circle of batting in between the two fabric circles and wrapping embroidery floss around to make "petals", and using buttons for the centre to tidy up the mess. Both techniques were from Quilt Sensations .
I had so much fun making this quilt. As soon as I signed up for the mini-quilt swap this idea popped into my head, and it actually turned out exactly how I wanted it, which rarely happens for me. It was also super fun sending it away to someone in another country, and I'm enjoying the excitement of knowing I have mail coming any day now.
This is the back. I put a bird on so he could hunt for the worm. I know, I'm silly.

The July theme is triangles, and I have a bit of a wonky idea (wonky is actually a semi-real Modern quilting term). I just have to have a chance to get into the basement and try it out.

No comments: