Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Swap updates


This is the amazing little quilt I got for my Sept 6 - 12" mini quilt swap. Isn't it awesome? I love Kaffe Fasset fabrics. Need to get me some of those some day (um, once I've used some of my other fabric, that is). This quilt is amazingly small -- less than 6 inches across, and I love the design.

This little pirate is from imagingermonkey in the UK. Andrew loved it so much he kept running away when I tried to take photos of it. He is now in Andrew's room, sleeping in his new pirate ship / envelope to keep him away from little brothers. That was my mini-quilt swap from Oct -- the theme was out of the box.

This is Andrew's quilt. Isn't it cute? He picked the fabrics and decided to make strips and picked the order they would go in. Then, he picked the border fabric. I wasn't so sure that the super bright fish were going to go with the middle, but they actually worked well together. He ran the fabric through the machine while I ran the presser foot and made sure he didn't sew his finger. Even doing it in just 15 min. intervals every few days he was tired by the time we got to the borders. So I made him finish the quilt top (as a lesson in finishing what you start) and then I did the sandwiching and quilting. I think it turned out pretty cute. He was happy to send it to Australia and is eagerly awaiting his package, but I was really sad to see it go. I'm sure he'll make something else for me to keep someday.

No comments: