Sunday, December 28, 2008

What I've Been Making Lately

Well, part of the reason my blogging has been so scattered lately is because I have been stitching like mad. I am still working on gifts to bring with me on holidays next Wed, but I do have the boys Christmas gifts finished. They were also stalled due to a request that I make another picnic quilt for another friend. She asked for it the first week of Dec. and needed it done by Dec. 20. Since she requested blues and browns, and I didn't really have anything in my stash that would work, I had to wait for the fabric to come in the mail before I could start. This put all my other Christmas crafting on hold.

I couldn't get a good photo of the colour, since this was during that cold, grey spell, but here it is. This one doesn't have the rock pockets, since they were not my intellectual property. But I think with the organic duck fabric on the back it is heavy enough without them.

They wanted to be able to roll it up, so I added these two straps to the side that velcro it up like a sleeping bag, and make it about the size of a thick rolled up yoga mat.
This is the finished space ship. Ironically, after I spent hours of extra time stitching in dowels so that it would stand up like this, it is mostly held on its side and flown around, or laid on the floor.

And these were the other two last minute gifts I stitched up when I realized I wasn't going to have time to make the car floor mat I had been planning. The capes are Kona cottons, with simple zig-zag edges and a neckband with a velcro closure. The sword belts are leftover canvas from the picnic quilt, with velcro closures and a loop for the swords I bought (that were actually "from" Grandma and Grandpa). I liked them. Andrew weard the sword belt, but isnt too interested in the cape. Aaron, who will wear nothing but loose pyjamas these days, finds them too constraining.

No comments: