Monday, October 26, 2009

I LOVE computers . . . really. Or maybe its just Vista . . .

Hello, all! Just a quick note to say that my computer has melted down. Or at least Vista has. I haven't been able to get online since Wed or Thurs. Since I do all my youth group contacting and live a large part of my social life online, you can imagine that this has made me quite grumpy. I finally gave up trying to fix it myself, since I was down to just a complete system restore, and I didn't want to lose all my data. So I took it into the shop, where they can copy my data and THEN do a complete system restore if they need to, and I won't need to lose 3 yrs of photos plus all my lovely online tutorials I've downloaded from I-don't-remember-where.

The computer mechanic said he should get to my Lappy on Wed or Thursday, so I'll be ofline until then.

Which is sad because I finished the cutest baby quilt (not for me yet) and I've been doing some interesting reading and thinking about work and leisure and parenting. But it will mean I'll actually get most of my sewing and baby prep done in the next week, since I won't have anything else to do.

Also, if you haven't seen the Brothers Bloom, it is well worth your time. Great film out on DVD. I loved it. Great characters, clever plot and visuals, beautiful costumes and cinematography, and about conn artists. Even if you wouldn't usually like "Jill movies", you might like this one.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Jonathan's been won over by Mac. Once my laptop ends up in the land of computer waste, he's switching me over too.
A tip he found for me for pictures is called Sugarsync. It's an online backup system for your files. This totally came in handy when our last harddrive crashed. We were able to recover everything. I'm working at backing it up double on disks so we have extras too and don't crash the harddrive by overloading the memory.