Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy Doll Quilt Sewing

Okay, so I've finallized my Doll Quilt Swap idea. Part of this is inspired by my original kitty idea, which wasn't working, and part of it is inspired by the toast quilt plan. This is my sketch:


The rows at the top will be wonky, free pieced cups that will look like this (this one is for my toast and tea quilt -- more on that later)


Here's the bright, colourful fabrics I'm using:


And here's the start -- I now have more blocks stitched. The smaller blocks are really small -- the finish off at 3". This is my first time in a long time actually sewing triangles on the bias, instead of sewing squares together and then cutting them apart. I forgot that my sewing machine likes to eat triangle points, so I'm stitching these one at a time instead of chain peicing them. I really wanted to have complete control over what went where because this is such a small quilt, so I think its worth it.

These are so bright at cheery in real life, and Montreal is really grey and gloomy and snowy these days (it being January in the Northern Hemisphere), so they make me happy every time I look at them. I hope they make my partner just as happy when its done. 

And on a completely different note, you know you're deperate for milk in your tea when you use the last tiny bit of milk left in your son's Cheerio bowl . . .

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love the Cheerio in a mug! And can relate :o)