Friday, May 30, 2008

Poor Little Kenmore.

It seems my 15 yr old Kenmore sewing machine is on its last legs, unless I can find a repair man somewhere. It is skipping stitches like crazy. I thought I was just sewing everything too fast lately, because I'd had a lot of things falling apart. Like the piecing on my quilts, the Olives I made for Christmas, the edges of some of my robots . . . I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner, actually, since almost everything I've made in the last year has fallen apart somewhere. I just thought I was overtired and harried from generally sewing while defending the machine from little hands. But here the machine has been skipping stitches all this time. So I'm not as bad of a stitcher as I had thought . . . I would guess this problem is about a year old, becuase the first thing that showed real signs of falling apart on the first washing was this quilt here . Lisa and Kris, you need to let me know if your quilts have fallen apart signifigantly since you've got them. I know Aaron's quilt was mostly okay, but it did need a few patches. But the bags I made myself and Andrew have been awesome, so I don't know if its maybe a tension problem, or a cotton vs heavier fabric problem .. . ug. Of course, I have made and gifted about four or five quilts during that time, so probably all the quilts I"ve made and blithely given to my friends have fallen to pieces . . . sigh. Sorry, guys.

Anyway, I'll have to do some research and find out what's wrong, and maybe see if I can borrow my friend Allison's machine until I sort the trouble out.

No comments: