Wednesday, June 25, 2008

You might be wondering where I've been . . .

Well, I've been obsessing over this fabric that just came out. Seriously, I"m becoming hopeless. I think I am going crazy because I want to use this ridiculously amazing fabric, plus some of Heather Ross' new line that's coming out that I think will co-ordinate with it, to hand piece a big star blanket made of three inch paper pieced diamonds. Or maybe not.

In any case, I have been trying to find the colours I want (all oranges, browns, yellows and raspberry pinks) at a reasonable price in an amount that I want -- like, not a full metre of each fabric. When I stumbled upon the most amazing discovery -- etsy fabric stores!

I am super happy about this! You don't know how many times I've really just wanted fat quarters, but ended up buying half yard or yard cuts of fabrics because thát's the smallest I could find online. But if you want a quilt with a decent amount of variety in it, that ends up being a lot of money.

On etsy, however, it is all smaller stores with personal people at the other end. Almost all of them have little messages that say something to the effect of "I have a whole bolt, so if you prefer fat quarters, or want a custom cut of this or that, just let me know". So its like walking into a real life fabric store with a real person and bolt of fabric on the other side. How exciting is that? (especially since the local quilt shop ladies won't even cut me fat quarters. They get all grumpy and huffy when I ask).

Okay, enough enthusing. You really should check out this fabric, though. It is very weird and Jillish fabric. I want to buy all of it in every colourway, but I'm restraining myself. Really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's a very pretty fabric. And I thought I'd let you know I've recieved my gift. :) Unfortnately though I've left them packaged up until the maddness of house reno's stop so they're not completely destory.