Wednesday, March 09, 2011

First Montreal Thrift Find!

So, I went to the Renaisance Thrift store just down from my neighborhood. There was a lot of general thrift store randomness, but also this pretty pillowcase and these two mugs.
I am in love with this one.
The bottoms says "Handpainted Silkscreen". What a fun little painting.
This little cup winged its way from Norway. I wish I knew the story behind it. In any case, it is lovely, and I shall enjoy it until such time as it is tragically smashed to pieces on my tile floor. I wish I could say making it a "mommy only" cup would lengthen its lifespan, but I'm just as bad as the kids.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hey Jill, seeing the pillowcase made me think of pillowcase dresses. Have you heard about these? My friend Taryn sent me the link as she made some for her daughter. I can send it to you too if you like. I've picked up a vintage pillowcase to do one up for Olivia this summer or next.