Thursday, March 03, 2011

When things get stressful and busy I find that I need something creative to keep me grounded. Last night, I decided that I should squeeze in a little sewing, even though it was really late. I made my next two blocks for sarah and molly's free peicing study.

Since it was February, sarah decided to show us how to make hearts. Here's mine:

And here's the one for my partner:
I am having so much fun with these. Every time I make one of these blocks they just make my heart sing. I really find the end products satisfying, and I"m so happy to be working with these colours. They gray, yellow and oranges for Mel are fun to play with, and the really saturated blues, purples and pinks with splashes of green just cheer and soothe me at the same time. I can't wait to finish these so I can get this quilt together. If you pop over to the flikr group you can see all the other fun blocks, including Mel's amazing blocks for me.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Love these hearts, they are really effective and the borders frame them so well.