Monday, March 31, 2008

one down, 39 to go . . .



So I have the half-triangle squares done for almost two blocks -- but all are done for this one. I think that I'm going to have to toss out some of my creams (the sweet pea one and the one with bright red), because they read as too bright, but other than that I'm pretty happy with it. I just have to decide which order (if any) I want the colours in the stars to go. I'm kind of inclined to make all the blocks in this colour scheme (I have several prints in each colour):

But then I could just mix them randomly, too. What do you think, Sharon? (the quilts are for her girls, after all) Because I'm doing the half-triangles by sewing across two squares and creating two blocks at once, I've decided to keep the orange with green and dark blue and the red with yellow and light blue. Things are just less confusing that way. Anyway, just finished ironing them flat, despite sick children and meltdowns due to Andrew waking up at 3 (yes, 3) am for the day, so I thought I would share.

No comments: